To alleviate stress, anxiety & isolation caused by the sudden and life-changing impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic, SWEET READERS CONNECT brings trained students, ages 11-22 (Ambassadors) together with isolated adults in need (Partners) for 15-30 minute remote Visits via FaceTime and Zoom.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up below. Young People = Ambassadors; Adult Participants = Partners.
- Be sure to include any special needs and interests at the end of the form.
- We will confirm Partners as soon as we have found you a match.
- Ambassadors will be invited to join our Slack Group and access both PDF and live training sessions.
- We will contact Care Partners and/or Partners to set up logistics and scheduling for Ambassador Visits. Care partners at home please feel free to engage with and learn from your Ambassador.
- We will then send the contact information to Ambassadors so they can connect with their Partners!
- Please let us know how it goes! We will be posting inspiring videos as this initiative grows and appreciate your comments, questions and suggestions.
Thank you so much for helping out!