Each of our programs is a little bit different and all are intimate in nature, usually involving between 5 and 12 Sweet Readers each. Please visit Programs to learn more about program content and approach.
Your child may learn about Sweet Readers through his/her school, religious school, camp or from a friend; regardless, becoming a Sweet Reader starts with parental/guardian approval.
Here’s how it works:
- NEED MORE INFO? If you would like more information after exploring this site, please feel free to call (212.722.3600) or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) at any time.
- REGISTRATION. If you are ready to give this opportunity to your child, click Register Your Child here or in the menu to your right;
- ORIENTATION. When we’ve received your registration, we will contact you to sign your child up for the next available orientation if it works with your child’s schedule. Once your child has successfully completed one of our orientations, he or she is officially a Sweet Reader and may request any of our available programs;
- SELECT A PROGRAM. You or your child may select a program & Playshop! based on topic or scheduling preferences. Email us (email@example.com) for a list of current openings.
- PARENTAL CONSENT. For each program, we will require parental or guardian confirmation, a signed General Release and in some cases, a signed Permission Slip (if the program is during the school day) before finalizing any child on the list.
- EVALUATE. After your child has completed a program, he or she will be asked to fill out an online evaluation of the program.
- SWEET READERS WORLD. We are currently building a Sweet Readers World section on our web site. In this password protected section, Sweet Readers will be able to interact with each other in a safe environment where they can share their experiences with each other; get involved with other aspects of Sweet Readers, including investigating science, advocating, fundraising and participating in special events; play games and extend their learning beyond the specific programs as they grow as a community;
- ACHIEVEMENTS & SPOTLIGHTS. Each month, on our home page, we will spotlight one Sweet Reader who has shown particular shine as a Sweet Reader. We will also recognize Sweet Readers who reach certain milestones, including number of hours as participants and number of programs completed;
- WE’RE FREE! There is absolutely no cost to become a Sweet Reader or participate in our programs;